St. Christopher’s traces its beginnings to 1941 when it began as a mission of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Flint, due in large part to the vision of St. Paul’s and the generosity of Charles F. Barth. Services were held in a variety of locations in the early days including Bendle School and the homes of those close to St. Christopher’s. Learn more.
The Episcopal Church is a member of the world-wide Anglican Communion, with 70 million members in 163 countries. We are a community of Christians bound together by: our belief that Holy Scripture contains the very core of all Christian faith and thought, the many ancient and modern stories that connect us to Jesus and his teachings, discovering daily God’s hope and call to us through our life together. Learn more.