We will be working with Family Promise of Genesee County as a support congregation to Holly Calvary United Methodist Church. Family Promise of Genesee County helps families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless get back on their feet and provide a stable lifestyle for their children. The main goal of Family Promise is to get families back into permanent and sustainable housing and employment as quickly as possible. Family Promise utilizes community resources to keep families together and provide job search resources.
Our next week of support is June 5-11, 2016. This is an outreach opportunity for people of all ages! You can help by volunteering to help with dinner or by donating much needed items.
Please sign up for Family Promise Support Volunteer Opportunity!
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/bmKQ1F
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
- 3 travel size deodorant
- 4 jars lemonade powdered drink mix
- 2 boxes of cereal bars/breakfast bars
- 1 small bottle of syrup
- Crafts for children
- Board games/card games for adults or children— please label with your name and St. Christopher’s if you want games returned to you.
- DVD’s (Rated G or PG)— please label with your name and St. Christopher’s if you want DVD’s returned to you.
Thank you all for your support to help homeless families in our community!
Community Food Pantry
We are working on getting a food pantry started here at St. Christopher’s. Check back for more information and ways that you can help soon!